University of Stellenbosch: Accommodation
Stellenbosch University: Residence (Dorm) Accommodation
Residence Accommodation is available to registered attendees to SACAIR2022
The SACAIR LOC is offering attendees the opportunity to reside in a University of Stellenbosch Residence (Dorm) for the duration of the conference. The University of Stellenbosch (US) can only advise in November which residence will be made available as this would be dependent on the University’s residence maintenance schedules. The residence will be located within walking distance of the Wallenberg Conference Centre at the Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study (STIAS) where SACAIR2022 will be hosted. Only single accommodation is available and male and female guests may be accommodated in different residences.
Residence accommodation rates on a Bed and Breakfast basis at R 650.00 per day.
When can I reserve my accommodation?
Accommodation can be reserved and paid for via the registration system. Conference registration will open on Friday, 16 September 2022.
By when do I need to reserve and pay for my accommodation?
All reservations and payments for accommodation must be finalised by 4 November 2022.
(No cancellations or reimbursements after 4 November 2022)
You can opt to stay the week or only for select consecutive days.
Accommodation is available as follows:
- Check-in from 14:00 on Sunday, 4 December 2022
- Monday, 5 December 2022
- Tuesday, 6 December 2022
- Wednesday, 7 December 2022
- Thursday, 8 December 2022
- Friday, 9 December 2022
- Check-out on Saturday, 10 December before 10:00
Check-in from 14:00 | Check-out before 10:00
What is included?
- A yale lock with which to lock your room (Included in your accommodation booking fee)
- Secure access control to the residence
- A residence room with a single bed and linen for the bed, a desk, a chair, and a cupboard
- A shared bathroom (Some residences have a kitchenette)
Rooms are not serviced daily (Only you have access to your room during your stay). All shared spaces are cleaned and serviced daily.
Weekdays: 07:15 – 08:00
Saturday: 08:00 – 09:00
Coffee is unfortunately only served at breakfast. Consider bringing your own travel kettle, mug and beverage of choice.
What to bring:
- Clothing Hangers
- Clothes iron
When will I be informed of the residence I will be staying at?
The conference organisers will provide you with all the accommodation details by 16 November 2022, including:
- Which residence you will be staying at
- Your room number
- How and where to check-in
- How and where to order dinner or eat out (Uber eats is available in Stellenbosch
- Campus rules
Should you require any additional information regarding these accommodation arrangements please contact Renée le Roux at email@example.com